I got sick this week. It was lingering around for awhile. I knew I was going to get sick but I kept trying to fight it off with sleep and chicken soup. But it finally got me on Monday. Half my team has been sick in the last week and with the weather like it is, sometimes cold, sometimes not, it is no wonder. Anyway, I wasn’t too sick and by Wednesday I was feeling a lot better. Just a head cold that moved to my throat.
Tuesday morning I woke up feeling like ass so I called my coach. Two hours later, her and my manager, Tula, were over at my apartment. They came bearing gifts. I think they bought the whole pharmacy. There was nasal spray, nasal drops, throat drops, pain killers, a thermometer, alcohol and Vicks VapoRub. They brought homemade fish soup with fresh bread. When they realized I had no orange juice, Tula went and bought 5 pounds of oranges and found my juicer in the back of the cupboard. Meanwhile my coach is administering the saline nose drops while I am choking. Nothing like cool saline dripping from your nose down through your throat. Gross!
Then she puts me in bed, rubs alcohol over my back and has me take off my shirt so she can rub my chest and neck with Vicks. Felt like a two year old but it was really funny. Tula is cleaning my kitchen at this point. They are such moms its cute. After they left, I slept all day and watched movies drinking fresh squeezed orange juice. After practice my coach comes over with chicken and salad to make sure I am eating.
On Wednesday they come over about noon with homemade chicken rice soup, a bag of fruit, fresh bread, mountain tea and a chocolate bar. Note: always always put fresh lemon juice in chicken rice soup. Preferably from the tree in your yard or organic from the market. The food was so good and it is nice to be taken care of.
I am feeling much better now and even felt good at practice the last two days. I’m convinced the chicken rice soup healed me.
No comments:
Post a Comment